Saturday, December 19, 2015

Series Saturday Audiobook Review: Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones


Being Me 
by Lisa Renee Jones
Series:  Inside Out #2
Pub. Date:  June 11, 2013
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster Audio
Narrator:  Grace Grant
Length:  9 hrs 37 min
Format:  Audiobook
Source:  Audible


My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:

The sexy second installment in the Inside Out erotic romance trilogy, following If I Were You—in the seductive tradition of Fifty Shades of Grey. 


Fascinated by the dark fantasies in the journals she’s discovered, and the two men who have now found a place in her life, Sara McMillan finds herself torn between her new life and her past. Now, more than ever, Sara identifies with the lost journal writer, Rebecca, and is certain that something sinister has happened.

In the arms of the sexy, tormented artist Chris Merit, Sara seeks answers about Rebecca and ends up discovering things about herself she never knew existed. Chris forces Sara to reconsider who she is and what she truly wants from life, but not before his dark desires threaten to tear them apart. Her boss, Mark Compton, offers her the shelter to understand just what those needs mean to her, and what they might have meant to Rebecca, but can she trust him to lead her to a final conclusion to Rebecca’s story? 
I am FINALLY getting around to this book. I initially decided after reading If I Were You that I would wait until the series was finished before I continued reading. LRJ is known for her cliffhangers and I am super impatient so I thought it would be better to wait. The problem is, with each new series that she puts out, I get distracted by each shiny new book! Now I have read Denial, so it's time I go back to the original series and find out all those clues about Ella. I'm rambling - on to the review! 

So Being Me picks up right where If I Were You left off, Chris and Sara's relationship is still not on level ground. He is dark and damaged and she has a tendency to run away. They are also trying to figure out what happened to Rebecca, the mysterious girl from the journals. And now Sara is worried about Ella, who allegedly left town to get married to a mysterious guy named David, and no one has heard from her since. Rebecca continues to work at Allure, the art gallery, for the sexy and uber-controlling Mark.

I am in total lust with Chris Merit. He is all my favorite adjectives - broody, broken, alpha, tattooed, kinky and smokin' hot. I also think that Chris is super patient to keep dealing with Sara's insecurities and tendency to run when things get tough. I have him cast in my head as the delectable Chris Hemsworth, and that really works for me.

We find out more about Sara and her past in this installment. We learn about this Michael jerk, and why she walked away from her life and all that money. She kept worrying over revealing a "big secret" to Chris and that he would drop her once it was revealed... but that was her insecurity speaking. I lost some of my connection with Sara in this book. Her insecurities and mistrust of Chris got to be a little too much for me.

We finally find out what happened to Rebecca, and I was not expecting the villain! I would have liked to see that scenario play out a little more - I think the crazy person could have caused a good amount of drama and havoc. Through this situation, we learn more about the dark and domineering boss, Mark Compton. I find him intriguing and am looking forward to see what plays out with him in future books. My dream cast for his character would be Eric Dane.

So now that the Rebecca mystery is solved, we still have Ella to find. And, of course, Sara and Chris' relationship is still rocky. I do hope they get their act together in the next book. I want to see them growing together instead of growing apart. It seems the only place they aren't running or fighting is when they are steaming up my kindle screen (which they do very very well).

View all my reviews

Inside Out Series


No comments:

Post a Comment