Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Audiobook Review: A Kiss of Blood by Pamela Palmer

A Kiss of Blood 
by Pamela Palmer
Series:  Vamp City #2
Pub. Date:  July 7, 2015
Publisher:  Tantor Audio
Narrator:  Rebecca Estrella
Length:  11 hrs 30 min
Format:  Audiobook
Source:  Hoopla


My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:


Only one woman can save Vamp City...

One of the few humans who managed to escape the deadly twilight world of Vamp City, Quinn Lennox vows to never return. But the vampires want her back, for only she has the power to renew the magic of their crumbling world and free the vampires trapped within.

When the dangerous and all-too-seductive Arturo Mazza comes for her, Quinn knows she can never trust him after the betrayal she suffered at his hands. But with her beloved brother's fate hanging in the balance, and her own power beginning to emerge, she chooses to risk all on yet another perilous journey back to Vamp City. And though she tries to deny it, her heart begins to hold hope that even a ruthless vampire can learn the meaning of true love.


So if you read my last review, you will remember that A Blood Seduction made me ranty. While I liked the concept and the story, I hated both of the main characters. I refused to call them hero and heroine because I didn't feel like anything deserving of the name. But, I can officially say that I hate them much less now.

As much as I hated Arturo in the last book, I am kind of on Team Arturo now. He stopped being such a self-absorbed douche canoe and got some of his conscience back. Though now he is chasing Quinn, and she is running away, and it got to be tiresome. I am surprised that what finally broke her trust was him showing up to save her in the beginning of this book. Of all the things that should have turned her away, this seemed very minor in the overall scheme. Quinn is coming into some of her power... but she is still a pretty wimpy leading female. She continues to get her ass kicked, lose her weapon within 2 seconds, and run off on her own and get caught. And what finally turned me from Team Quinn to Team Arturo was the vamp delivering some brutal truths that I didn't really consider about Quinn in the first book. I won't mention them here because it was an eye opener for me and reading it before hand w/o the benefit of his speech would have lessened the impact.

The other vampires are still pretty much baddies, with a few exceptions. Cristoff and Fabian are both horrible extremes of their vice and way of feeding. Quinn has somewhat of an unnatural attachment to her brother - she is all he thinks about. Meanwhile, all Zach thinks about is Lily. And Lily is still out there alone in vamp city.

The story arc is continuing over the series, so while there is not a cliffhanger per se, the book ends before anything is resolved. I am hoping that the next book gives us a true hero and heroine to root for. 

View all my reviews

Vamp City

No comments:

Post a Comment