Monday, August 3, 2015

Review: Hungry Like the Wolf by Paige Tyler

Hungry Like the Wolf 
by Paige Tyler
Series:  SWAT #1
Pub. Date:  Jan. 6, 2015
Publisher:  Sourcebooks Casablanca
Pages:  352
Format:  eBook
Source:  Purchased


My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:


The Dallas SWAT team is hiding one helluva secret . . . they're a pack of wolf shifters.

The team of elite sharpshooters is ultra-secretive—and also the darlings of Dallas. This doesn't sit well with investigative journalist Mackenzie Stone. They must be hiding something . . . and she's determined to find out what.

Keeping Mac at a distance proves impossible for SWAT team commander Gage Dixon. She's smart, sexy, and makes him feel alive for the first time in years. But she's getting dangerously close to the truth—and perilously close to his heart...


It's been a little while since I have read a werewolf book,  so I was looking forward to this series full of alpha male wolf law enforcement officers.  I was not disappointed. Paige Tyler writes romantic suspense well while also giving us paranormal fans a bit of fangs and fur to make us happy. The paranormal aspect does not overshadow the story, so I think even people who tend to shy away from the paranormal genre will enjoy this series. 


I loved loved loved Gage. He was the perfect mix of alpha male caveman and protector of his pack. Given that this pack of wolves are big muscular men certainly adds some spice to my visual imagery while reading. While I never chase a man, if one of these guys was around, I just might powerwalk!  

The team dynamics and relationships between the SWAT members was well done. I am glad that Tyler allowed the guys to be real, in that sometimes they were serious, and others their immaturity showed in their teasing or petty fights. But when push came to shove,  the pack was most important.

The only part of the book that I did not enjoy was the journalistic heroine. This had nothing to do with the writing, MacKenzie was just one of those heroines that I did not get along with. I did not like how far she was willing to go to get her story. Her methods seemed underhanded at times, and I wasn't down with that. The relationship between Mackenzie and Gage was intense and steamy from the beginning, so I couldn't believe she was willing to risk that for a headline. 

Overall this is a good start to the series. The secondary characters here were great and I will enjoy seeing each of them find their fated mate as the series continues.

View all my reviews

SWAT Series



My Review My Review TBR Dec. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment