Thursday, February 26, 2015

Review: Seducing Destiny by Amelia Hutchins

Seducing Destiny by Amelia Hutchins

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sultry Scale: 5 of 5 stars

Pub Date:  January 19, 2015

Less than six months ago my life was twisted and flipped on its side. Things have changed so much I barely recognize myself anymore. 

I am no longer an Enforcer. 

I am no longer a Witch. 

I no longer hate the Fae. (For the most part) 

And the sex-on-a-stick-gorgeous-Fae? He isn't really the Dark Prince. 

No, he is the father of my children and with the babies on the way, the land dying and the Mages closing in; alliances will have to be formed if we are all to make it through the war that is coming to our front door.

Between warring Gods and Goddesses, how are any of us supposed to win?


Gods and goddesses and babies, oh my! A LOT happened in this book, but I feel like I can't rant and rave about it without giving away spoilers. And because I'm writing this after I've just finished the book at 2:30am, I'm too lazy to try to include spoiler tags. So I will try to keep everything general.

Ryder finally stops being an ass in this book! Yay. Of course something has to happen to cause his shift in attitude, but isn't that always the case with thick-headed men? Seriously there were at least 5 huge events in this book. Syn has a big secret that she is keeping from everyone. We find out more about her heritage. We get to see just how sick Faolan really is. Babies come! New characters are introduced. There are some mini showdowns, but we're still moving toward the big mamajama (which I'm guessing will conclude the series).

I'm not sure how many books the author intends to have in the series... but with the new wrenches she has thrown in, she could keep it going for a while. And that does not displease me at all. The writing has improved as the series has progressed. Re-reading the first part of the series, I sometimes felt that the dialogue was bad between Syn and Ryder (mostly in Book 2). I did find myself skimming the sex scenes in this book... not because they were bad, but because I was anxious to get back to the story and find out what was going to happen next. Now I'm faced with an interminable wait for the next book. I HATE waits like this!

Other Books in Series:
1. Fighting Destiny
2. Taunting Destiny
4. Escaping Destiny

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment